then donated to charity. 10. MeMbershiP tYPes
Download then donated to charity. 10. MeMbershiP tYPes...
then donated to charity.
UFC GYM SYDNEY
Terms & Conditions
10. Membership Types Use of the Club’s services and facilities are governed by the Membership Type as listed on page one of this Agreement. a.) Membership Types and their respective access restrictions are: b.) Ultimate - One Club, All Days, All hours
These are the Terms and Conditions on which UFC GYM Australia (“we”, “us”, “our” or “UFC GYM”) is willing to provide membership to you. Any variation to these Terms and Conditions must be in writing and signed by our authorized officer. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT DOCUMENT – PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU READ IT CAREFULLY. 1. Parties This agreement is made between UFC GYM Australia Pty Ltd ABN 93 161 201 421 and the member whose name appears in the application for membership contract. The member’s name who appears in the application acknowledges that they are over the age of 18. Any members under the age of 18 must abide and agree to the “Youth Terms and Conditions”. You acknowledge that you have received a copy of your Membership Agreement. We have seven days after the formation of the UFC GYM Australia Membership Contract (“contract”) to rectify any error or miscalculation provided in the contract. 2. UFC GYM Australia Rules You must ensure that you read, understand, and abide by the Rules (“Rules”) which are notified to you through signage, handouts, or our website (www.ufcgymsydney.com.au). 3. Entire Agreement The Rules, these Terms and Conditions and the Application for Membership and Contract form the entire agreement between the parties (The Contract) and any previous representations or documents whether provided by UFC GYM or its agents or employees is excluded from this agreement. 4. Start Date You understand that your Membership commences on the Membership start date on page one of this Agreement (or when the Club opens in the case of “pre-sales”) unless terminated in accordance with this Agreement continues until the Membership Expiry Date shown on page one of this Agreement. 5. Membership Card Membership cards are not transferable and must be shown on every visit to gain entry. Photo identification is necessary with UFC GYM membership purchase and an ID photo will be taken for the UFC GYM database records only. If a member has allowed his or her membership card to be used by another person for the purpose of obtaining admission, this amounts to the repudiation of the Contract and we may terminate the contract with the member paying all monies due under this contract. In the event of a lost or stolen Membership card, you should contact UFC GYM regarding the reissue of a replacement card. A fee of $15 will be charged to cover the cost of the replacement card. 6. Dress Code Fully enclosed, clean sports shoes must be worn in all public (nonstudio) areas of UFC GYM and during workouts for safety reasons. MMA specific training areas are to be barefoot only. Members are required to wear a singlet or t-shirt at all times in UFC GYM. 7. Towels and Cleanliness Towels must be used when participating in classes and when exercising on gym equipment to maintain hygiene and safety standards. All equipment used (including bags and mats) must be wiped down with a spray bottle and paper towel after use. 8. Lockers Lockers are available and located in UFC GYM. Please look after your personal items, UFC GYM Australia employees, or contractors, are not responsible for any loss of personal property. Lockers provided are not security devices and you must supply your own lock. All belongings must be removed from the lockers prior to close of club or they will be removed and UFC GYM takes no responsibility for these items. 9. Lost Property We highly recommend that you use lockers for your belongings. UFC GYM does to take responsibility for loss, damage, or theft of your belongings. Any items of lost clothing will be held for one month and
c.) Fitness - One Club, All Days, All hours d.) Junior - One Club, All Day, All hours (must be accompanied by an legal guardian who has a primary membership) e.) Ultimate memberships have access to specialty MMA classes, DUT, and Ultimate classes without any extra fees 11. Cooling Off Period After applying for membership, you have a seven day period (“Cooling Off Period”) during which you may cancel your membership. Notice must be given in writing. A refund equal to the membership fee and any additional amounts paid minus an Processing Fee and the cost of any fitness services already supplied may be applicable. If you terminate your Contract after the Cooling off Period, different conditions will apply. The following termination clauses outline your right to terminate the Contract and any fees payable in such circumstances. 12. Termination within the Minimum Term xYou may only terminate the Contract without additional fees prior to the expiry of the Minimum Term with immediate effect by providing us with written notice if; •
We make changes to the Contract which adversely affect you
We breach our obligations to you
You become subject to permanent medical incapacity or
• You otherwise become entitled to do so under consumer legislation. 13. Termination on expiry of the Minimum Term If you have a Prepaid Fixed Term Contract (paid in full upfront payment), it will terminate automatically upon expiry of the Minimum Term. If you have a Debited Ongoing Contract (fortnightly debits), you may provide written notice of termination at least 5 working days prior to the expiry of the Minimum Term and the Contract will then terminate on expiry of the Minimum Term. 14. Termination after the Minimum Term If you have a Debited Ongoing Contract you may terminate the Contract after the Minimum Term if you provide us with thirty days written notice. During this notice period, we will continue to debit any scheduled fortnightly payments until the end of the 30 day notice period and you can continue to use facilities for the term of the payments. However, where either of us terminate the Contract, any unpaid fees owing will need to be paid by you or we may take action to recover the outstanding payments. We can refuse you entry to UFC GYM at any time that your membership payments are not up to date. 15. Termination when changes made to Terms and Conditions You are entitled to terminate the Contract with immediate effect at any time by providing us with written notice if higher membership fees applicable to your membership are introduced or you do not continue to use UFC GYM after an amendment to these Terms and Conditions as contemplated in clause 42. No fees will be applicable for terminating in accordance with this clause apart from the Processing Fee, membership fees for the time you have been a member and any additional fees for fitness services already supplied. 16. Termination where we Breach our Obligations If we are in breach of an essential obligation under the Contract and we have not remedied that breach within a reasonable time after you have notified us of our breach in writing, you are entitled to terminate the Contract with immediate effect at any time by providing us with written notice. No fees will be applicable for cancelling in accordance with this clause apart from, to the extent not impacted by our breach, the Processing Fee, membership fees for the time you have been a member and any additional fees for fitness services already supplied. 17. Termination for Medical Reasons You may terminate the Contract with immediate effect at any time by providing us with written notice and producing supporting
documentation to our reasonable satisfaction to demonstrate permanent medical incapacity. In that event, you will only be charged the Processing Fee, membership fees for the time you have been a member and any additional fees for fitness services already supplied.
The Processing Fee is a fee used for all set up costs of all new memberships, and those renewing membership. The processing fee is not refundable even if you chose to cancel your application for membership during your Cooling off Period.
18. Termination Requests All Terminations must be made in writing at your home UFC GYM at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date (after the minimum term specified). Requests via phone, fax, email or other medium may not be processed.
24. Membership Fee Increase If you have an ongoing contract, we reserve the right at any time after the Minimum Term of the Contract, to increase the membership fees to be charged. If we increase the membership fees we will provide at least thirty days prior notice of the increase by post or email to the addresses provided by you in the Application for Membership. Following such notice, you authorize us to increase any direct debits to your credit card or bank account which you have authorized upon joining. We will not use this right to vary the terms on any special offer which applies to you.
19. Youth Memberships Any membership agreements for members under the age of 18 are considered null and void unless signed by a parent or legal guardian and proof of parental / guardian signature must accompany agreement (photocopy of passport, license etc). All Youth members must be accompanied by their legal guardian or parent at all times while at UFC GYM. Prior to the commencement of exercise at UFC Gym, a pre-exercise screening will need to be carried out for all Youth Members. All Youth members are required to wear their appropriate colour identification (wrist band) at all times when at the club. If it’s lost or stolen, a replacement can be purchased for a minimal fee from reception. Some Youth programs require fees to be paid in advance. UFC GYM reserves the right to discontinue use by any child who is unsupervised, or whose behavior is offensive or disruptive. 20. Age Restrictions For members aged under 16 years of age, there will be no access to weights based training areas or group exercise classes which include resistance training, unless supervised one on one by a personal trainer. For members aged under 14, there is no access to general gym facilities except for equipment utilized under supervision through our Youth programming.
25. Outstanding Payments As a result of outstanding debt, UFC GYM reserve the rights to refer overdue amounts to an external collections agency. In the event of payment defaults you will be liable to UFC GYM for all outstanding monies due and will be liable to pay UFC GYM debt recovery expenses and legal costs. 26. Refunds Except as provided in this Contract all monies are non-refundable. 27. Suspension You can suspend your membership for medical reasons upon provision of satisfactory supporting documentation. Membership suspension, for a period of up to three months, once each calendar year, is available provided that all amounts payable for your membership are paid up to date. All suspension must be applied for in writing to us at least fourteen days prior to the commencement of the suspension period and we reserve the right to refuse any application for freeze at anytime.
Any member under 18 years of age understands that usage restrictions may apply and that this may change at any time as required by legislation and/or club policy.
Debit payments will only be suspended for the direct debits that fall within the suspension period. Suspension dates must coincide with preexisting billing dates. For Pre-Paid Memberships, a Freeze Fee of $20 per month, up to a maximum of $40 is payable. For Ongoing Contract Memberships, a fortnightly fee of $10 will be debited.
21. Right of Exclusion We can refuse entry to UFC GYM, cancel your membership and / or terminate the Contract without warning or notice for inappropriate, threating or harassing behaviour, damaging equipment or facilities, or use of illegal or performance enhancing drugs in UFC GYM.
28. Damages / Personal Injury You are aware that my use of the premises and its facilities and my participation in the classes and programs conducted by UFC GYM may involve strenuous activity and risk (special or otherwise) associated with such use and participation.
22. Payment of Fees All membership fees may be recovered from your nominated credit / debit account (as provided from time to time). Any bank fees charged to us because of a rejection when collecting your due membership fees may be charged directly to you by us. If a membership fee payment remains outstanding, you agree that, unless we are in breach of our obligations under the Contract, we may continue to debit the nominated credit / debit account for the total amount due without notice to you.
You release UFC GYM and it’s directors, employees, contractors and agents (the ‘staff’) from all liability and responsibility whatsoever. This includes personal injury, property damage, or death however caused, but not limited to the negligence (whether passive or active) of UFC GYM or its’ staff or any other person using the premises. Please refer to the Civil Liability Act 2002 for more information. (www.legislation.nsw. gov.au).
a) If an Ongoing Contract has been chosen, a pro rata charge for Membership will be made at the time the Membership application is accepted by UFC GYM. This charge is based on the number of days between the Membership Start Date and the First Auto Pay Date shown on page one of this Agreement. b) Debit/charges will be made fortnightly on Friday. In the case of new memberships their credit card /bank account will be charged/ debited the first Friday after the Membership Start Date or later date as determined by UFC GYM. c)
Fortnightly Dues are payable in advance.
d) Fortnightly dues paying members have a quarterly upkeep fee of $8.95 which is automatically charged their account (15th February, May, August and November) of each year the membership is in effect. e) For a multiple memberships, the primary member will be responsible for the payment of Dues for all associated Memberships. f) If you fail to pay your Fees by the due date, UFC GYM reserves the right to refuse entry to any UFC GYM facilities until such outstanding payment is received. g) If for any reason payment of the Member’s Fortnightly Dues is declined by Member’s credit card/bank account a fee of $30 per due payment may be charged by UFC GYM and will be payable by Member. 23. Processing Fee
29. Risk Management To mitigate risk and ensure that you are correctly operate or use any of our facilities, services, products or equipment, including the adjustment of levels or settings on any equipment, you are required to undertake an instructional consultation with a member of our staff before use. Certain areas of the club such as the sauna carry increased risk to your health. You ensure that you are able to enter these areas without risk, before doing so. 30. Responsibility for Damage You are solely responsible for any damage which you may cause to UFC GYM, its facilities, services, products or equipment, if such damage is caused by your willful act and / or negligence. 31. Disclosure of your Physical Condition Provision of a safe and effective exercise program is dependent upon accurate health and fitness profiling. It is your responsibility to seek medical clearance prior to commencing any exercise program. You agree to disclose to us all relevant personal health and fitness information both prior to and during engagement in any exercise program, service or facility we provide to you, as part of your membership. This is inclusive of any health risk assessment, initial and periodic fitness assessment and relevant information or recommendations provided by your medical practitioner. You further warrant and represent that you will not use UFC GYM or any of our facilities, services or products whilst you are suffering from any infections or contagious illness, disease or other ailment or whilst you are suffering from any physical ailment such as open cuts, or sores, or minor infections where there is a risk, however small, to other
members and guests. We reserve the right to refuse entry or terminate memberships based on health reasons for the safety of our members. 32. Change of Details You must keep us promptly informed of any changes of address, phone contact numbers, email address, bank account and credit card details for payment and any other personal information that is relevant to your membership with us. 33. Contractors Contractors and franchisees may provide services at UFC GYM. Fees for such services are paid directly to the contractors and franchisees.
42. Your Obligations You acknowledge that the National Credit Code does not apply to these Terms and Conditions (www.comlaw.gov.au) if at any time; a.) You believe that you may not or may be unable to perform or comply with your obligations under these Terms and Conditions; b.) You are unable to pay your membership fees, including any installment of membership fees, as they fall due for payment; c.) A cheque is received from you is dishonoured d.) You are or become bankrupts; or
We take no responsibility for the fees paid to these contractors and franchisees. You hereby agree not to hold us liable and you agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified for any claims suffered by you as a result of negligence by a contractor or franchisee.
e.) Your membership fees are overdue and are not paid in accordance with these Terms and Conditions in circumstances where we have not breached our obligations under Contracts, you agree that:
34. Interruption of Services As a result of repair, maintenance, public holiday, or special occasions, UFC GYM may be required to restrict the use or temporarily close or halt UFC GYM activity from time to time. There will be no reduction, suspension, abatement, or apportionment of membership fees or other charges during such time when the above-mentioned occurs. UFC GYMS hours of operation may be modified from time to time without prior notice to Member. UFC GYM reserves the right to change the facility from time to time, to eliminate or add facilities and services, and to change the type or quantity of equipment and services. UFC GYM may from time to time reserve the use of its facilities for special events, competitions and private functions.
f.) You will immediately notify us that one or more of the above notifiable events has occurred and you will keep us notified on a monthly basis until such notifiable event no longer exists;
g.) We have no obligation and will cease to allow you to use any of our services or products available to you under your membership while a notifiable event exists; h.) We may terminate the contract with immediate effect by providing you with written notice; i.) We may request payment in advance for the remainder of the term of you membership; and We have no obligation to respond to any offer you make to extend or renew your membership while a notifiable event exists.